You Can Win Your Very Own Video Message From Zoella!!!
And so to celebrate the Zoella Book Club and get as many people sharing their thoughts on the books as possible, we’ve got a competition that is going to blow your minds. We’re giving you the chance to win a personal video from Zoella herself, and a bundle of gifts hand-picked for you by Zoe!! (Cue some serious happy dancing!) Plus six runners-up will each receive a bundle of goodies hand-picked by Zoella!
To enter all you need to do is make your own 2 minute video explaining which of the Zoella Book Club titles is your favourite and why. Tell us about the characters, the quotes, the emotions, the cover, the story; anything that made you fall in love with the book. Post your video on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube using the hashtags #ZoellaBookClub and #ZBCComp to submit your entry. Don’t forget to read the terms and conditions carefully before you enter, and good luck!
I Want To Enter But Where Do I Start?
Try considering some of these questions before hitting the record button…
- What is this book about? Can you summarise it in a couple of sentences?
- Who are they key characters? What are they like? How do they know each other and what are their relationships like? Who were your favourite characters and why?
- What are the key themes? Is there any action/magic/romance/crime/etc. in the book?
- Where is the book set? Did the location add anything to the story?
- How did you react to the book? Did you find it hard to put it down? Did it make you laugh/cry/think? Did you learn anything new?
- What did you most enjoy about the book? Was there anything unusual about it?
- Were there any illustrations? What did you think of the cover?
- Have you read any other books by this author? Is yes, how do the books compare? If no, will you read any of their other books?
- Did this book remind you of any other books?
- Does the author have a distinct way of writing?
- Who would you recommend this book to?
So Which Books Can I Review?
Terms and conditions:
1. No purchase necessary. 2. Participants must be a resident of the UK. 3. Participants under the age of 13 must obtain parental permission and guidance to enter. 4. To be eligible for this competition you must upload a video telling us which of the eight Zoella Book Club titles is your favourite and why. Your video should be no longer than two minutes and uploaded by Saturday 20th August 2016. Entries via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube using the hashtags #ZoellaBookClub and #zbccomp will be counted. Videos uploaded to Facebook must either be tagged with @WHSmith or posted directly to the WHSmith page to allow us to track them, and should include the hashtags in the description. Videos uploaded to YouTube must include the hashtags in the video title to allow us to track them. Videos uploaded to Twitter or Instagram must include the hashtags in the description to allow us to track them. 5. The winners will be chosen by Zoella based on her personal preference. The decision is final and no discussions will be entered into regarding winning entries. This competition is spread across WHSmith and We Love Pop! 6. One winner will be selected to win a personal video from Zoe Sugg and a bundles of goodies hand-picked by Zoe. 6 runners-up will each win a hand-picked bundle of gifts from Zoella. 7. All qualifying entries will be considered. 8. The promoter will not be held responsible for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period. 9. This competition is not open to employees of WHSmith, We Love Pop!, Gleam Futures or anyone associated with this competition. 10. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value. 11. Entries received between 26th July 2016 and midnight on 20th August 2016 will be accepted. 12. Entrants can submit more than one video but no entrant may win more than one prize. 13. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into. There is no cash alternative available. 14. The winner will be notified via the same channel that they used to enter the competition (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube) by 31st August 2016. The winners must claim their prize within 14 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules. 15. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the competition, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. 16. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. 17. Entries that do not comply with the terms and conditions or entrants found to be abusing the promotion in any way will have all their entries disqualified. 18. The winner may be required to participate in related publicity. 19. The name and county of the winner may be obtained by writing to: WHSmith.co.uk Zoella Video Competition, Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN3 3RX. 20. The Promoter is WHSmith High Street Limited (Company Number 06560339) with registered office at Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN3 3RX – please do not send entries to this address.