And so with many readers exploring Brighton in the pages of Beautiful Broken Things as part of the Zoella Book Club 2016, we’ve teamed up with publishing house Pan MacMillan to offer one reader the chance to go and explore Brighton for themselves! As part of the prize, you and a friend can eat lunch at the renowned JB’s American Diner – on the seafront, just like the one Caddy, Rosie and Suzanne visit – enjoy ShakeAway milkshakes (and hopefully hold onto them a little longer than Caddy did!) and pose for a photobooth session at Photomatic Snoopers Paradise Brighton. We’ll also cover your train fare up to £100, and you and your friend will both receive a copy of Beautiful Broken Things signed by Sara Barnard herself.
We couldn’t be more excited to offer this fantastic day out to fans of Beautiful Broken Things, and so in order to enter our competition we’re asking readers to join in with our discussions around the book on Twitter. Either ask a question during the Sara Barnard Twitter Takeover on the 28th June 2016 (7pm-8pm) using #TTBarnard or contribute to the Beautiful Broken Things Book Club Night on the 6th July 2016 (7pm-8pm) using #BCNBeautiful to be automatically entered into our prize draw. You’ll also need to retweet our competition announcement so that we know you’re aware of the competition and want to be considered for the draw.
We can’t wait to hear your thoughts on Sara Barnard’s debut so get your thinking caps on and get ready for our Twitter Events on the 28th June and the 6th July. Good luck!
Please be aware that if you are under the age of sixteen then a parent or guardian will need to accompany you and your friend on your trip to Brighton. It is therefore compulsory to ask for permission before entering this competition.
Terms and conditions apply – please read carefully before entering.
Terms and conditions:
1. No purchase necessary.
2. Participants must be a resident of the UK or Republic of Ireland.
3. Participants under the age of 16 must obtain parental permission and guidance to enter.
4. To be eligible for this competition you must retweet the @WHSmith Twitter post about this competition and join in with either the Sara Barnard Twitter Takeover (7pm-8pm 28/06/16 #TTBarnard) or the Beautiful Broken Things Book Club Night (7pm-8pm 06/07/16 #BCNBeautiful).
5. One winner will be selected to win a day in Brighton with a friend, including: lunch at JB’s American Diner (up to £50), one ShakeAway milkshake each (up to the value of £10), one photobooth session each at Photomatic Snoopers Paradise Brighton (up to the value of £10), and up to £100 train travel. The winner will also received a sign copy of Beautiful Broken Things for themselves and their friend!
6. Upon closing on the prize, the winner will be put in contact with a member of the marketing team at Pan Macmillan to confirm your Brighton visit dates. All other booking and planning for the day will be the responsibility of the winner.
7. The winner will need to provide receipts for each part of the day, to be sent to a member of the marketing team at Pan Macmillan within 28 days of the confirmed Brighton visit date. They will then issue a reimbursement of any expenditures up the values as listed in point 5. The marketing team at Pan Macmillan may also discuss other ways to fund the prize, if requested by the winner.
8. If the winner is under the age of 16 they will need to be accompanied on the day by a parent or guardian. No extra funding will be available to cover the guardian’s costs.
9. All qualifying entries will be considered.
10. The promoter will not be held responsible for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period.
11. The competition is not open to employees of WHSmith, Pan MacMillan or anyone else connected with this promotion.
12. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
13. Entries received between 28th June 2016 and 8pm on 6th July 2016 will be accepted.
14. Only one entry per person.
15. The winner will be chosen at random.
16. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into. There is no cash alternative available.
17. The winner will be notified via Twitter within 7 days of the competition end date. The winner must claim their prize within 14 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
18. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the competition, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
19. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
20. Entries that do not comply with the terms and conditions or entrants found to be abusing the promotion in any way will have all their entries disqualified.
21. The winner may be required to participate in related publicity.
22. The name and county of the winner may be obtained by writing to: WHSmith.co.uk Beautiful Broken Things Competition, Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN3 3RX.
23. The Promoter is WHSmith High Street Limited (Company Number 06560339) with registered office at Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN3 3RX – please do not send entries to this address.