In a bid to support these two diverse and rewarding charities, our teams will be attempting to climb the highest mountains of Scotland, England and Wales – Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon – within 24 hours from start to finish. That’s an estimated total of 27 miles walking, an ascent of 9,000ft and 450 miles of driving!
The teams have been training hard in preparation for the third weekend of September when they’ll embark on their challenge, and fundraising to reach their £10,000 goals has stepped up a notch. You can find details for each of the teams, including ways to sponsor them here:
WHS Group Team
Not So Stationery
Paul Tavener’s Team
A Can Do Altitude
Peak Seekers Silent Auction: Bid for the chance to have a character in a Peter James book named after you…
The Peak Seekers team have a very exciting prize up for auction to help boost sponsorship for their cause. To help show his support, international bestselling crime writer Peter James – who has eleven consecutive Sunday Times No.1 bestselling novels – is offering the winner of this lot the opportunity to have their name used for a murder victim in a future Roy Grace novel!
Peter James was voted the Best Crime and Thriller Author of All Time by WHSmith customers in 2015, and his series of Detective Superintendent Roy Grace novels are published in 37 languages, in 52 countries, with world sales of 18 million. In addition to the instant celebrity of meeting a grisly end in a Roy Grace novel, the winner will also receive an inscribed copy of the finished book.
To enter, use the form below to submit a bid (how much you would sponsor the Peak Seekers in order to win the prize) and your contact details. It’s a silent auction so you won’t know how much anyone else is bidding. The person that bids the highest amount will win the prize as long as they pay their full bid by Wednesday 21st September 2016. Good luck!
Terms and conditions
1. Participants must be a resident of the UK or Republic of Ireland.
2. Participants under the age of 16 must obtain parental permission and guidance to enter.
3. To be eligible for this auction you must submit your details using the form on this page and bid an amount to sponsor the Peak Seekers team if you win. This is a silent auction and so participants will not know how much other participants have bid. The prize will go to the highest bidder.
4. The highest bid will win the chance to have their name used as a murder victim in a future Roy Grace novel by Peter James. The winner will also receive an inscribed copy of the finished book.
5. The winning bid must be paid in full by Wednesday 21st September 2016. If this condition is not fulfilled then the prize will be offered to the second highest bidder.
6. The promoter will not be held responsible for any failure of the website during the promotional period.
7. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
8. Entries received before 5pm Wednesday 14th September 2016 will be accepted.
9. The winner will be notified on Thursday 15th September 2016.
10. The promoter will use any data submitted by entrants for the purposes of running the auction only. By entering this auction, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the promoter for the purposes of the administration of this auction and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
11. This auction is being run by WHSmith employees, using resources donated by WHSmith.
12. By entering this auction each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
13. The winner may be required to participate in related publicity.
14. The name and county of the winner may be obtained by writing to: WHSmith Peak Seekers Auction, Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN3 3RX.
15. The promoter is WHSmith High Street Limited (Company Number 06560339) with registered office at Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN3 3RX – please do not send entries to this address.