To celebrate the release of Veronica’s debut-book-turned-international-blockbuster on DVD today, she’s shared her ‘Divergent playlist’ of songs that go perfectly with the book. Let us know what you think in the comments box below.
1. ‘Starts with One’ by Shiny Toy Guns.
- This song gets me in touch with the good aspects of Beatrice’s chosen faction.
2. ‘Chasm’ by Flyleaf.
- And this song gets me in touch with the bad aspects of Beatrice’s chosen faction.
3. ‘Come Alive’ by Foo Fighters.
- This is the love interest’s song for Beatrice.
4. ‘Again’ by Flyleaf.
- And this is Beatrice’s song for her love interest.
5. ‘Help I’m Alive’ by Metric.
- This is Beatrice’s initiation song.
6. ‘We Die Young’ by The Showdown.
- This might as well be the theme song for Beatrice’s chosen faction- it’s what they would choose forthemselves.
7. ‘Canvas’ by Imogen Heap.
- This is the “riding on trains” song.
8. ‘Running Up that hill’ by Placebo.
- The tone of this song matches the tone of much of the book for me.
9. ‘Sweet sacrifice’ by Evanesence.
- I was listening to this song when the first scene I wrote (in chapter 6) popped into my head. That scene led me to the world of the book and its basic plot.
10. ‘Arise’ by Flyleaf.
- A powerful song that’s perfect for chapters 38 and 39.