- List Of Ingredients
- 250ml passata
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 150g sliced pepperoni
- 2 balls of mozzarella (about 125g each), drained
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- 30g Parmesan cheese
- A small handful of basil leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Serves: 2–4
- Carb count: 16g per person if serving 2, 8g per person if serving 4
1. To make the tomato sauce, heat the passata, tomato purée and garlic in a saucepan over a medium heat. Simmer to reduce until the sauce is nice and thick. This will take about 8–10 minutes. Remove from the heat, season with salt and pepper to taste and leave to cool.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and dried oregano and season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a little olive oil in a 24cm non-stick ovenproof frying pan over a medium-high heat. Pour in the egg and stir until it is almost fully cooked, removing the pan from the heat when the omelette is still a little runny and wobbly in the middle.
4. Gently spread the tomato sauce all over the omelette. Cover with the pepperoni, then tear the mozzarella into pieces and scatter it over.
5. Sprinkle with the oregano and then place the pan in the oven for 8–10 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the ‘pizza’ is set.
6. Remove from the oven and immediately grate the Parmesan over the top. Scatter over the basil and serve at once, directly from the pan.