- List Of Ingredients
- vegetable oil
- 50g hazelnuts
- 150g dried figs, roughly chopped
- 75g dried apricots
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 50g oats
- grated zest of 1/4 orange
- 10g cacoa nibs (optional)
- 30g dark chocolate (80% cocoa solids), chopped
- makes 12
1. Grease a 20cm square baking tin with vegetable oil, then line it with baking paper. Toast the hazelnuts in a dry frying pan for few minutes, then set them aside to cool slightly.
2. Put the hazelnuts, figs, apricots, ginger, oats and orange zest into a food processor. Add the cacao nibs, if using and 1-2 tablespoons of just-boiled water, then pulse the mixture several times until all the ingredients are finely chopped and the mixture comes together. The mixture is ready when it forms a ball in the bowl of the food processor.
3. Spoon the mixture into the lined tin and press it down with the back of a spoon. Put the tin in the fridge and chill for 1 hour.
4. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of just-simmering water, making sure the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. If you prefer, you can melt the chocolate in a microwave. Just make sure it’s on the lowest setting and keep checking the chocolate every 10 seconds or so to make sure it doesn’t burn.
5. Leave the chocolate to cool for 2-3 minutes, then drizzle it over the fig and nut base and leave to set. Cut into bars and enjoy.