- List Of Ingredients
- 1 large precooked, sweet pie crust (pastry case)
- 4 ripe pears
- 2 tablespoons superfine (caster) sugar
- 4 tablespoons Grand Marnier, or other orange liqueur
- 4½ oz/130 g semisweet (plain) chocolate, broken into pieces
- 4 tablespoons (2 oz/50 g) unsalted butter
- scant ½ cup (3½ fl oz/100 ml) heavy (double) cream
- ¼ cup (1 oz/25 g) blanched almonds, chopped
- Serves 8
- Preparation 20 min
- Cooking 15 min, plus cooling
Preheat the oven to 325°F/160°C/Gas Mark 3. Sprinkle half the sugar evenly over the bottom of an ovenproof dish.
Peel, halve, and core the pears, put them into the dish, and sprinkle with the Grand Marnier, and remaining sugar. Bake for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, put the chocolate, butter, and 1 tablespoon water into a small saucepan and melt over low heat for 5–8 minutes. Stir, remove the pan from the heat, and let cool for 10 minutes.
Remove the pears from the oven and transfer to the pie crust.
Whip the cream until stiff and fold into the chocolate mixture. Spread the chocolate topping over the pears, sprinkle with the almonds, and serve.