- List Of Ingredients
- 100g (31⁄2oz) broccoli florets, cut very small
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- bunch of spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2.5cm (1in) fresh root ginger, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander stalks, plus a handful of coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 400g (14oz) minced beef
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- baby gem lettuce leaves, to serve
1. Blanch the broccoli
Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the broccoli, cooking it for just 1 minute before draining it and rinsing it under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
2. Stir-fry the fresh ingredients
Heat the sunflower oil in a wok or a large, deep-sided frying pan. Add the spring onions, garlic, ginger, carrot, coriander stalks, and chilli, and fry for a couple of minutes until coloured slightly.
3. Add the beef
Add the minced beef and continue to fry over a high heat until the meat is well browned.
4. Combine, flavour, and serve
Return the broccoli to the pan and add the fish sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, and sugar. Mix well, cooking for a minute or 2 until the broccoli is piping hot. Stir in the coriander leaves and divide between individual “cups” of baby gem lettuce.
TIP – Why not try substituting minced turkey, minced pork, tofu, or prawns for the beef?