- List Of Ingredients
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 100g (about 5 stalks) asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 red pepper, diced
- a handful of baby spinach
- a handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- serves four
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4 and grease a small rectangular baking tin with a little oil.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, sea salt and black pepper well, then set aside
3. Cut the bottom couple of centimetres off the asparagus, then slice into 2½cm long pieces.
4. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, then add the shallots, grated carrot and red pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes, until tender, then add the asparagus pieces and the spinach and sauté for another few minutes.
5. Transfer the vegetables to the greased baking tin and top with the halved cherry tomatoes. Pour the beaten eggs over this mixture and pop it into the oven for 25 minutes, until puffed, golden and set in the middle.
6. Slice into pieces and serve hot alongside a salad for a delicious meal, or let the slices cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days, to enjoy later.