How Do I Get Involved?
To join in, we’re asking our shoppers to clear through their bookshelves at home and locate any books that aren’t getting the attention they deserve. Bring those pre-loved books into one of our high street stores and we’ll be more than happy to send them onto Marie Curie, who will either sell them in their stores to help raise funds for the charity, or pass them onto a Marie Curie hospice to share the joy of reading at a difficult time. In return for your generosity, we’ll give you a voucher for 25% off your next WHSmith books purchase so that you can quickly restock those empty bookshelves at home.
What Books Can I Donate?
We welcome book donations of all types – Fiction, Non-Fiction, Educational, Children’s, Pre-School – we’ll be grateful to receive them all. Although please bear in mind that books with pages/covers missing or severely damaged might not be suitable to be resold by Marie Curie or enjoyed by others.
When Can I Use My Voucher?
Your voucher for 25% off books will be valid until 14th September and can be used towards any books purchases in a WHSmith high street store. You can take one voucher for every book you donate, but if you’ve made a large donation and don’t need multiple vouchers than just let the cashier know your preference.
How Long Does The Big Readcycle Last?
The Big Readcycle campaign will run from 2nd June 2016 until the 31st August 2016, and so you’ll have three months to bring any books in. We couldn’t be more excited to start collecting your used books and sending them out into the world to be picked up and loved once again, all whilst raising money for a fantastic cause.
Are There Other Ways I Can Get Involved?
Tell your friends about The Big Readcycle and how you’re getting involved on social media. Follow us and share our posts on Twitter and Facebook. Don’t forget to show your support by following Marie Curie on Facebook and Twitter too.
WHS School Selfie Competition!
Join in with our WHS School Selfie competition from 2nd June 2016 by posting a photo of your school collecting books for Marie Curie for a chance to win £500 worth of book vouchers for your school. 5 runners up will receive a £100 book voucher for their school too!
To enter email your school selfies to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th July 2016*
*Selfie Competition Terms and conditions:
- No purchase necessary.
- One entry per school.
- Competition runs 2nd June 2016 to 15th July 2016.
- We will continue to accept competition entries until the end of the competition period but we will not consider any entries submitted after this period.
- Book vouchers are valid for WHsmith High Street stores only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.
- Excludes: The offer is excluded from Outlet Stores, Books by WHSmith at Selfridges, Harrods and Fenwicks Stores, WHSmith ‘Local’, Online and Travel Stores including those at railway stations, motorway service stations, hospitals and work places.
- Winners will be decided by WHSmith, and will be notified by email after 25th July 2016.
- No prize cash alternative.
- The Promoters decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The right is reserved to withdraw or terminate this competition at any time.
- Entries that do not comply with the terms and conditions or entrants found to be abusing the promotion in any way will have all their entries disqualified.
- The Promoter is WHSmith High Street Limited (Company Number 06560339) with registered office at Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN3 3RX – please do not send entries to this address.
Voucher Terms and Conditions:
- Subject to availability.
- Offer valid on purchases made between Thursday 2nd June to Sunday 14th September 2016 at selected WHSmith High Street stores only.
- Excludes Outlet Stores, Online, Books by WHSmith’ at Selfridges, Harrods, Arnotts and Fenwick’s stores, WHSmith ‘Local’ and all Travel Stores including those at airports, railway stations, motorway service stations, hospitals, garden centres and workplaces.
- Excludes books customer orders.
- Photocopies will not be accepted.
- No cash alternative.
- WHSmith reserves the right to reject any voucher it deems, in its sole discretion, to havebeen forged, defaced or otherwise tampered with.
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional voucher or discount card.
If you’d like to find out more about receiving help or advice from Marie Curie then visit the Marie Curie website today.