This week, the contestants will be trying their hand at still life painting at Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire. Painting a collection of personal items in the orangery, a giant chess set out on the lawn and the facade of Blenheim Palace for the final challenge, the contestants’ skills are certainly being put to the test. Sir Winston Churchill’s granddaughter Emma Soames also meets with Una Stubbs to discuss her grandfather’s love of Blenheim Palace and the inspiration he took from it to produce his own amateur paintings.
With such an impressive selection of artwork submitted to us for portraits week, this week we’d love to see your still life artwork. Whether it’s a piece you’ve produced in the past or something you’ve been working on since watching the show, send us your artwork for the chance to win a copy of The Official Big Painting Challenge: A Practical Guide to Painting and Drawing book.
To enter, simply upload a photo of your artwork to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest with the hastags #WHSArt and #StillLife. Don’t forget to tag us so that we don’t miss it! You have until Wednesday 11th March to get your entry in.
Further details and terms and conditions can be found below.
Happy Painting and Good Luck!
Please note: This competition has now closed and no further entries will be considered.
You can take a sneaky look inside The Big Painting Challenge Book in our Exclusive Preview Gallery
Terms and conditions:
1. No purchase necessary.
2. Participants must be a resident of the UK.
3. Participants under the age of 16 must obtain parental permission to enter.
4. To be eligible for this draw you must submit an image of your own still life artwork using the hashtags #WHSArt and #StillLife.
5. Entries between 06/03/2015 – 11/03/2015 will be counted.
6. Three winners will be selected, and each will receive a copy of The Bid Painting Challenge book.
7. All qualifying entries will be considered and the winners will be selected based on effort, technique, skill and imagination.
8. The winners will be notified within 7 working days of the closing date and will receive their prize within 28 days of the closing date.
9. WHSmith will not be held responsible for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period.
10. The draw is not open to employees of WHSmith.
11. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
12. No prize cash alternative.
13. The Promoters decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The right is reserved to withdraw or terminate this prize draw at any time.
15. Entries that do not comply with the terms and conditions or entrants found to be abusing the promotion in any way will have all their entries disqualified.
16. The winners may be required to participate in related publicity.
17. By entering this competition you are agreeing that your artwork can be used in relevant blog posts. All artwork will be credited to the owner.
18. The name and county of the winner may be obtained by writing to: WHSmith.co.uk Still Life Competition, Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN3 3RX.
19. The Promoter is WHSmith High Street Limited (Company Number 06560339) with registered office at Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN3 3RX – please do not send entries to this address.