- List Of Ingredients
- 115g (4oz) self-raising flour
- 60g (2oz) cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 175g (6oz) soft unsalted butter
- 175g (6oz) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 tbsp whole milk
- Grated dark chocolate
- For the filling
- 150g (5 ½ oz) chopped cherries
- 3 tbsp raspberry liqueur
- 150g (5 ½ oz) mascarpone
- 150ml (5fl oz) double cream
- Special equipment
- 23 x 33cm (9 x 13in) cake tin
- 5cm (2in) cutter
- 6 160ml (51⁄2fl oz) glass jars
- 1 hr 10 mins plus cooling and chilling
- Makes 6
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC (350ᴼF/Gas 4). Line a 23 x 33cm (9 x 13in) cake tin with baking parchment. Sift 115g (4oz) self-raising flour, 60g (2oz) cocoa powder, and 1 ½ tsp baking powder into a large bowl.
2. Add 175g (6oz) soft unsalted butter, 175g (6oz) caster sugar, 3 eggs, and 4 tbsp whole milk. Whisk until smooth and pour into the tin evenly. Bake for 15–20 minutes. Remove and cool completely in the tin. Use a 5cm (2in) cutter to cut out 18 rounds.
3. Place 150g (5 ½ oz) chopped cherries and 3 tbsp raspberry liqueur in a bowl and leave to macerate. Whisk 150g (51⁄2oz) mascarpone in a separate bowl until fluffy. Then whisk in 150ml (5fl oz) double cream.
4. Place one cake round each in six 160ml (5 ½ fl oz) glass jars. Top with 2 tsp mascarpone and a layer of cherries. Repeat until you have 3 layers of cake. Top with the cream and chill for 1–4 hours. Serve immediately, sprinkled with grated dark chocolate and chopped cherries.