- List Of Ingredients
- 4 skinless chicken breasts (approx. 200g/7oz each), flattened
- Olive oil spray
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree (paste)
- 420ml (3/4 pint) chicken stock
- 120g (4oz) light cream cheese
- 30g (1oz) parmesan, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- For the Cajun seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon cayenne
- Serves 4
- 364 calories
- Gluten free
1. Mix all the Cajun seasoning ingredients together in a bowl. Rub half the seasoning into the chicken breasts.
2. Place a frying pan over a medium-high heat and spray with olive oil. Add the chicken breasts and brown on both sides (approx. 5 minutes each side), then remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Add the garlic and peppers to the pan and fry for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the rest of the Cajun seasoning, the tomato puree, stock and cream cheese, and stir until the cheese has melted.
5. Put the chicken back into the pan and simmer until it is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
6. Add the Parmesan and stir until melted. Taste and season as needed with salt and ground black pepper.
7. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
Extracted from Slimming Eats by Siobhan Wightman