While we always have great fun seeing all the submissions come in and marvelling at the different styles and techniques used, the best bit for us is the sense of community that we’ve quickly established among our participants. Liking each other’s work, leaving encouraging comments, sharing favourite pictures; a sense of support and camaraderie has quickly developed and we love the positive atmosphere around #SketchOff.
And so of course #SketchOff will continue throughout 2017 and perhaps beyond, hopefully with even more participants and lots more fun to be had.
To make it easier for you to track when the next #SketchOff will take place, we’ll be continually announcing the time/date of the next one on this blog post. And as each #SketchOff kicks off we will also post the picture you will be sketching here so that it’s quick and easy to find. All of this information will also be announced as usual on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using the #SketchOff hashtag.
Take a look at when the next #SketchOff is scheduled to take place below, and feel free to leave any suggestions for how we could improve the running of #SketchOff in the comments box below.
7.30pm August 23rd 2017 – A Showstopper cake for the return of The Great British Bake Off!
*Chrome users may need to click the ‘fit to screen’ button in the bottom right corner to view the image at full size.
This is fun, so be nice. People who aren’t nice will be blocked.
Winners are picked at the discretion of WHSmith. Negativity directed towards the winners or any other participants will not be tolerated.
Everyone is welcome to take part, regardless of ability, style or experience.
Entries will be presented in a gallery blog post after the event. Although we will use as many as we can, we cannot guarantee that all submissions will be displayed in the final gallery. This will not influence your chances of winning a prize.
Terms and conditions 26/04/2017:
1. No purchase necessary.
2. Participants must be a resident of the UK.
3. Participants under the age of 16 must obtain parental permission to enter.
4. To be eligible for this competition you must submit your own artwork based on an image provided by WHSmith and created within the time frame using the hashtags #MakeAStartInArt and #SketchOff. Pictures uploaded to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using these hashtags will be considered.
5. All entries received between 7.30pm – 9.00pm Wednesday 26th April 2017 will be considered to win prizes. Sketches uploaded after the deadline will be gratefully received but will not be entered into the prize competition.
6. Two winners will be selected, and each will receive a selection of art books.
7. All qualifying entries will be considered.
8. The winner will be notified within 7 working days of the closing date and will receive their prize within 28 days of the closing date.
9. WHSmith will not be held responsible for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period.
10. The competition is not open to employees of WHSmith.
11. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
12. No prize cash alternative.
13. The Promoters decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The right is reserved to withdraw or terminate this prize draw at any time.
15. Entries that do not comply with the terms and conditions or entrants found to be abusing the promotion in any way will have all their entries disqualified.
16. The winners may be required to participate in related publicity.
17. By entering this competition you are agreeing that your artwork can be used in relevant blog posts.
18. The name and county of the winner may be obtained by writing to: WHSmith.co.uk Sketch Off Competition, Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN3 3RX.
19. The Promoter is WHSmith High Street Limited (Company Number 06560339) with registered office at Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN3 3RX – please do not send entries to this address.