And so this is where Sketch Off Homework comes in; a much more relaxed, and flexible challenge that you can approach in a completely different way. Every once in a while we’ll be giving you a whole week to work on sketching our announced image, before uploading it to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #SketchOffHomework, in the same way you would for normal Sketch Off.
For some of you, it might be a case of taking an evening to work your magic, for others you might want to spend half an hour on it each night. Or if you really want it to feel like school homework then leave it until the night before and rush through it with a bowl of cereal and cartoons on in the background; it’s up to you!
At the end of each Sketch Off Homework challenge we will pick a winner to receive some fun art prizes, and we will display some of the entries in a gallery on our blog so that you can admire each others wonderful artwork.
You can find out our current Sketch Off Homework challenge below, as well as when the next one will take place. The current image will be available to view below throughout the challenge, and we’ll be keeping an eye on the #SketchOffHomework hashtag throughout the week so make sure you share your works-in-progress with us and fellow sketchers too.
And don’t worry if you prefer the buzz of 90 minutes of frantic sketching; normal Sketch Off will continue to run each month (find out more here). This is some extra fun for those who can’t make it on sketch off nights or who always finish sketch off wishing they had longer to work on their picture. We can’t wait to see all your wonderful art come through…
Sketch Off Homework #2 | Now underway
Starts: 7.30pm Sunday 7th May 2017 – Ends: 7pm Saturday 13th March 2017
For our second Sketch Off Homework, we’d like you to sketch this image of some of our old motor vans from back when we were known as W.H.Smith & Son.
*Chrome users may need to click the ‘fit to screen’ button in the bottom right corner to view the image at full size.
This is fun, so be nice. People who aren’t nice will be blocked.
Winners are picked at the discretion of WHSmith. Negativity directed towards the winners or any other participants will not be tolerated.
Everyone is welcome to take part, regardless of ability, style or experience.
Entries will be presented in a gallery blog post after the event. Although we will use as many as we can, we cannot guarantee that all submissions will be displayed in the final gallery. This will not influence your chances of winning a prize.
Terms and conditions 2017
1. No purchase necessary.
2. Participants must be a resident of the UK.
3. Participants under the age of 16 must obtain parental permission to enter.
4. To be eligible for this competition you must submit your own artwork based on an image provided by WHSmith and created within the time frame using the hashtags #MakeAStartInArt and #SketchOffHomework. Pictures uploaded to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using these hashtags will be considered.
5. All entries received within the time frame will be considered to win prizes. Sketches uploaded after the deadline will be gratefully received but will not be entered into the prize competition.
6. All qualifying entries will be considered.
7. The winner will be notified within 7 working days of the closing date and will receive their prize within 28 days of the closing date.
8. WHSmith will not be held responsible for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period.
9. WHSmith employees are welcome to share their artwork but will not be considered to win prizes.
10. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
11. No prize cash alternative.
12. The Promoters decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The right is reserved to withdraw or terminate this prize draw at any time.
14. Entries that do not comply with the terms and conditions or entrants found to be abusing the promotion in any way will have all their entries disqualified.
15. The winners may be required to participate in related publicity.
16. By entering this competition you are agreeing that your artwork can be used in relevant blog posts.
17. The name and county of the winner may be obtained by writing to: WHSmith.co.uk Sketch Off Homework Competition, Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN3 3RX.
18. The Promoter is WHSmith High Street Limited (Company Number 06560339) with registered office at Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN3 3RX – please do not send entries to this address.