- List Of Ingredients
- 700 g chicken thighs or pieces, with skin on and bone in
- 1 stalk lemongrass, peeled and thinly sliced (only use the cream end, reserve the green end)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 cm knob ginger, grated (or 1 tablespoon store-bought grated ginger)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- ½ cup (125 ml) yellow curry paste or Massaman curry paste
- 1 cup (250 ml) Chicken Stock (see page 28) (or store-bought chicken stock)
- 2 sweet potatoes, roughy chopped
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 x 400 ml can coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon granulated stevia
- 2 bay leaves
- 2–3 tablespoons arrowroot (if glutenfree or paleo) or cornflour, mixed to a paste in cold water
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- roti, mountain bread or poppadoms to serve
- Serves 6
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes (+overnight)
- Cooking Time: 8 hours on low, 4 hours on high
The Night Before
1. Place the chicken, lemongrass, garlic, ginger, fish sauce and half the curry paste in the slow-cooker insert. Toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour or, in this case, overnight.
In The Morning
1. Place the insert into the slow cooker and add in the remaining curry paste, stock, vegetables, coconut milk, stevia, leftover lemongrass and bay leaves. Stir to combine. Cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
In The Evening
1. If you like a thicker curry, 20 minutes before serving stir in the arrowroot or cornflour paste. Cook on high with the lid off for 20 minutes until the sauce thickens.
2. Garnish with the spring onions and serve with roti, mountain bread or poppadoms.