- List Of Ingredients
- 440ml can lager
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 1.5kg chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large potatoes
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced or grated
- 1 apple, thinly sliced or grated
- 1 romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- juice of a lemon
- 2 tablespoons of honey
1. Preheat the oven to 185°C fan oven/205°C/gas mark 6.
2. Rub the oil over the chicken and rub in the paprika and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour out 1⁄2 the can of lager (you can drink it if you like!). Place the can on the roasting tray. Remove the string from the chicken and place over the can to make the chicken ‘stand up’. Roast in the oven for 1 1⁄2 hours.
4. Cut the potatoes into wedges and arrange on another roasting tray. Add 1 tablespoon of oil, season and put in the oven 1⁄2 hour before the end of the cooking time for the chicken. Cook for 45 minutes.
5. Make the coleslaw by mixing all the ingredients together and adding the dressing. Season well with salt and pepper.
6. Allow the chicken to rest and cool a little before removing from the can.
7. Serve with the wedges and salad.