- List Of Ingredients
- Passionfruit Filling
- 2 passionfruits
- 25g caster sugar
- 100g butter, softened
- 25g icing sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 25g cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 tsp milk
- 25g unsalted butter
- 50g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- You will also need a piping bag fitted with a medium star nozzle.
- Makes 16 Whirls
- Prep Time: 25 mins plus cooling
- Cooking Time: 10-12 mins
1. Scoop the flesh out of both passionfruits and place it in a small saucepan with the caster sugar. Simmer over a medium–high heat for 1–2 minutes or until bubbling and slightly thickened, then remove from the heat and set to one side to cool.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4 and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
3. To make the biscuits, beat the butter and icing sugar together in a bowl with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in the plain flour and cornflour until a thick paste forms, then beat in the vanilla and milk to loosen the mixture slightly.
4. Spoon the mixture into the piping bag and pipe 16 rounds (approximately 4cm in diameter) on to the lined baking tray.
5. Bake for 10–12 minutes until the biscuits are a pale golden colour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes on the tray, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
6. To make the buttercream, use an electric hand-held whisk to cream together the butter, icing sugar and lemon juice in a bowl until pale and light. Spread buttercream on to half the biscuits and passionfruit on to the other half, then sandwich them together.