Simply ask your little one to choose their favourite book character and send us their very best drawing of them to enter! We want to see big, hairy Gruffalos, Giraffes doing their funkiest dances moves, Dennis and Gnasher pulling their naughtiest pranks, Cinderella twirling at the ball, Aliens stealing underpants and your most magical and colourful Rainbow Fairy. We can’t wait to see all of our favourite characters in your pictures!
To enter, simply take a picture of your child’s drawing of their favourite book character and either post it to our Facebook wall or tag it with @WHSmith on Twitter. To ensure your entry is counted make sure you include the hashtag #WHSBookmarks and one of the following hashtags to identify your child’s age – #DrawU5, #DrawU10 or #DrawU16. We’ll be picking three winners from each age group!
For example, “The Gruffalo by Maisy aged 4 #WHSBookmarks #DrawU5 @WHSmith”
If you are under 16 and would like to enter this competition then please show your guardian/parent this blog post and ask their permission before entering. Your art must be uploaded using your guardian’s account, not your own.
You have until Monday 8th June 2015 to get your entry in.
Please note: This competition has now closed and no further entries will be considered.
Terms and conditions:
1. No purchase necessary.
2. Participants must be a resident of the UK.
3. Submissions must be entered using an adult account – if you’re under 16 then please ask for your guardian’s permission and to submit your entry for you.
4. To be eligible for this draw you must submit an image of your child’s own artwork using the hashtag #WHSBookmarks and either the hastag #DrawU5, #DrawU10 or #DrawU16.
5. Entries between 20/05/2015 – 08/06/2015 will be counted.
6. All qualifying entries will be considered.
7. The winners will be notified within 7 working days of the closing date and will receive their prize within 28 days of the closing date.
8. WHSmith will not be held responsible for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period.
9. This competition is not open to employees of WHSmith.
10. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
11. No prize cash alternative.
12. The Promoters decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The right is reserved to withdraw or terminate this prize draw at any time.
14. Entries that do not comply with the terms and conditions or entrants found to be abusing the promotion in any way will have all their entries disqualified.
15. The winners may be required to participate in related publicity.
16. By entering this competition you are agreeing that your child’s artwork can be used in relevant blog posts. All artwork will be credited to the owners.
17. The name and county of the winner may be obtained by writing to: WHSmith.co.uk Draw a Character Competition, Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN3 3RX.
18. The Promoter is WHSmith High Street Limited (Company Number 06560339) with registered office at Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN3 3RX – please do not send entries to this address.