- List Of Ingredients
- 120g self-raising flour
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp protein powder
- 1 large egg
- 100ml buttermilk, plus extra (optional)
- 100g raspberries
- ½ banana, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- runny honey, for drizzling (optional)
- Makes: 3
1. Place the self-raising flour in a mixing bowl with the cinnamon, golden caster sugar, baking powder and protein powder. Stir to mix well.
2. In a bowl, whisk the egg and gradually stir in the buttermilk. Add to the dry ingredients, whisking to combine evenly to make a smooth batter (add a little extra buttermilk if the batter is too thick).
3. In a bowl, mix the raspberries and chopped banana together.
4. Pour the batter into a measuring jug. Brush some of the coconut oil on the base of a non-stick frying pan (about 12–14cm in size) and place over a medium to high heat.
5. Pour one-third of the batter into the pan and cook for 3–4 minutes. Scatter one-third of the raspberry and banana mixture over the top.
6. Flip the pancake over and cook for 1–2 minutes, or until lightly golden and cooked through.
7. Repeat with the remaining batter and raspberry and banana mixture to make three pancakes in total. Serve the pancakes stacked, with a drizzle of honey, if desired.