- List Of Ingredients
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 x 300g sirloin steak at room temperature, trimmed of visible fat
- salt and pepper
- ½ red onion, sliced into 6 thin wedges
- 3 chestnut mushrooms, finely sliced
- 2 large handfuls of spinach leaves
- 2 thick slices of mozzarella
- 1 thick slice of mature cheddar
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced – remove the seeds if you don’t like it hot
- 6 jarred jalapeño slices – more if you like it hot
- Serves 1
Melt the coconut oil in a frying pan over a high heat.
Season the steak with salt and pepper before laying gently in the pan. Fry the steak for 2 minutes on each side, then remove to a plate.
Reduce the heat to medium to high and add the onion and mushrooms. Stir-fry the ingredients for 2 minutes until just softened. Mix in half the spinach and let it wilt.
Take the pan off the heat and push the vegetables to one side. Lay the steak back in the pan and pile the vegetables on top. Place the cheese slices over the vegetables, put the pan back on the hob and put a lid on the pan (if you don’t have a lid then just cover with a plate).
Cook the steak like this for a further minute, by which time the cheese should have melted. Slide the steak from the pan onto a plate, scatter with chilli and jalapeño slices and serve with the remaining spinach leaves.