- List Of Ingredients
- 1 chicken breast
- 5g bunch of coriander, leaves and stems separated
- 1tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1tsp Chinese five spice powder (I use Bart’s as it has no added salt or sugar)
- 2 tsp olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 1/4 cucumber, cut into ribbons with a peeler
- 1 small carrot, peeled and cut into ribbons with a peeler
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 12 months +
- Makes 1 adult and 1 child portion | Family meal
Place the chicken breast in a food processor and blitz for 1 minute or until finely chopped and mince-like in texture. Be careful not to overdo this as you don’t want to end up with a paste.
Finely chop the coriander stems. Add the minced chicken, chopped coriander stems, breadcrumbs, spring onions, lime zest, 1 teaspoon of the lime juice and five spice to a small mixing bowl and mix to combine. Wet your hands a little and shape into six small round discs.
Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan over a moderate heat and cook the chicken patties for 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked through.
Whisk the remaining lime juice with the olive oil and toss over the cucumber, carrot and radish. Add the reserved coriander leaves to the salad and serve with the chicken cakes.
The chicken cakes and salad will keep separately for up to 2 days covered in the fridge.
Tip: Try swapping the chicken with salmon or turkey mince. You could try soft carrot batons instead of the carrot salad if it’s easier for your baby.