- List Of Ingredients
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and cut into 8 segments
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and cut into 8 segments
- 2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 200ml almond milk or full fat milk
- 200ml cream or coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 55g butter
- 1 rosemary sprig, leaves separated and chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put the apple and pear segments into a small bowl with a tiny pinch of salt and mix.
In another bowl mix your eggs, milk, cream and coconut flour. Season and whisk lightly.
Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and fry the apples and pears lightly with the rosemary leaves.
Once the fruit is beginning to turn golden, pour in the batter and swirl it around so that it spreads out evenly, covering all the fruit. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until the edge of the pancake is starting to brown and pull away from the edges of the pan. Flip the pancake and continue to cook for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is lightly brown and cooked through.
From Clean and Lean for Life: The Cookbook by James Duigan, published by Kyle Books. Photography by Kate Davis-Macleod and Clare Winfield.