J. K. Rowling’s Famous Harvard Speech to be Published

J. K. Rowling’s Famous Harvard Speech to be Published

The literary world is abuzz today with the news that J. K. Rowling’s famous speech at Harvard University from 2008 is being published as a book. Titled ‘Very Good Lives’ – a snippet from the closing statements of Rowling’s speech – the book offers words of wisdom for anyone at a turning point in their life. 90% of the book’s profits will go to the bestselling author’s charity organisation ‘Lumos’ which campaigns to transform the lives of disadvantaged children, and the remaining 10% will go to Harvard University’s financial aid.

Rowling’s speech struck a chord around the world with its profound and provocative questions about life. Still talked about today, the speech has inspired many to embrace failure and take risks in their lives. Impressively the youtube video of Rowling’s speech has been watched over a million times, and her words are often referenced and quoted as memorable words of wisdom. The book is due to be released in April of next year to coincide with graduation season, in the hope that young minds will find the strength from Rowling’s words to be ambitious despite the risks. We can’t wait to see this magical author’s speech in print.

Very Good Lives is available to pre-order here.

The YouTube video of J. K. Rowling’s original speech can be watched here.