Start by placing 4-5 cotton balls in the jam jar. Use a pencil to poke them flat, for extra sparkle you could sprinkle glitter and sparkly stars in-between each layer.
Fill a cup half with water and put about 3-4 squirts of paint in each. Mix until the colour appears. Pour it on top of the cotton balls. Continue this process layer by layer with different colours! Kids can experiment what happens when you use more or less cotton balls on each layer. Finish your Dream Jar by gluing the lid tight to avoid getting UCKY-MUCKY!
Once you’ve mastered your dream jar, why not get creative with these fun ideas?
- Use googly eyes to make it look like little critters are hiding in the dream.
- Use colourful sweet wrappers if your dream takes place in a sweet shop.
- If you dream of flying then use gemstones for stars and blue and white paint for the sky.
- Experiment with colours: Use gold and white for a royal dream; red, white and blue for a patriotic dream; black, green and red for a nightmare.
- Use stickers, marker pens and patterned tape to decorate the outside of the jar.
Check out some of our favourite Dream Jars that our followers have made at home: