- List Of Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2½ cups)
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Serves 4
Heat the coconut oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt, cover the pot, and sauté over low heat for about 20 minutes, until the onion is very soft and sweet.
Add the garlic and ginger, sauté for 1 minute, then add the cumin, coriander, and garam masala. Sauté for another minute, then add the carrots, stock, and another big pinch of salt. Bring the mixture to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer gently for about 20 minutes, or until the carrots are very tender.
Carefully transfer the soup in batches to a high-speed blender, or blend the soup directly in the pot with an immersion blender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.