- List Of Ingredients
- 250g live clams
- 150g live mussels
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 fresh, medium-hot red chilli, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 150ml dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 300g dried spaghetti
- 12 yellow cherry tomatoes, quartered
1) Prepare the clams and mussels (see page 70, steps 1 and 2). Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
2) Meanwhile, put the garlic and chilli in a large saucepan or wok. Add the oil and place the pan over a medium heat. As soon as the garlic starts to sizzle, add the clams and mussels.
3) Pour in the wine and stir in the parsley. Bring to the boil, cover and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until the mussels have opened. Discard any mussels that remain closed.
4) Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in the boiling water until al dente. Drain the pasta and tip it into the pan with the clams and mussels. Add the tomatoes and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Tip onto a large serving plate and serve immediately.