Tom Fletcher Reads an Extract from The Christmasaurus Transcript
Hello Everyone at WHSmith, thank you very much for having me today. I am Tom Fletcher and I have written this book called The Christmasaurus. Today I’m going to tell you something that you might not know about the North Pole and eight of its most memorable inhabitants, Santa’s elves.
On this particularly chilly December day of digging, there were eight elves out in the ice mines underneath the snow fields of the North Pole. Their names were: Snozzletrump. Specklehump, Sparklefoot, Sugarsnout, Starlamp, Spudcheeks, Snowcrumb and Sprout.
They were very small. Just as Mr Trundle had said, only about as tall as your left knee, and they all wore the most wonderfully peculiar clothes, from dresses made of teacups to fluffy coats covered in Northern Lightbulbs. They were quite a spectacular sight. Every elf had a different but equally as important job.
Snozzletrump dug the hole. Specklehump held the lantern so that Snozzlehump could see. Sparklefoot lit the fire. Sugarsnout boiled the kettle. Starlamp made the tea. Spudcheeks toasted four crumpets (half a crumpet for each elf). Snowcrump buttered the crumpets. Sprout kept watch.
Which elf would you be? Let me know in the comments and may I be the first to wish you all a very merry Christmas, full of crumpets!
This Competition has now Closed
Exclusive Competition! Win Tom Fletcher’s Christmasaurus Jumper!!! #WHSChristmasaurus
That’s right people, we’ve only gone and got our hands on one of only two Christmasaurus jumpers in the world; one belonging to Tom Fletcher and the other to the lucky winner of our competition (if they can catch us first…)
To be in with a chance of winning this rare, exclusive and irresistibly festive prize, and a signed book with a personal dedication, simply follow us on Twitter or Instagram and share any of our posts featuring the #WHSChristmasaurus hashtag.
Terms and conditions apply, please see below for details. Good luck!
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- Participants must be a resident of the UK.
- Participants under 16 years old must obtain parental permission and guidance to enter.
- The prize is The Christmasaurus knitted jumper, one-size only. There are only two in the world. One belonging to Tom Fletcher and one for the winner of this competition exclusive to WHSmith. The winner will also receive a signed book with a personal dedication.
- To enter you must follow the official WHSmith Twitter account or the official WHSmith Instagram account, and share a WHSmith post on either account that uses the #WHSChristmasaurus hashtag before 12pm (midday) Friday 25th November 2016.
- This competition will run between 14/11/16 – 25/11/16.
- The winner will be chosen at random.
- All qualifying entries will be considered.
- The winner will be notified via the same channel they used to enter the competition, i.e. Twitter or Instagram.
- The winner will be notified within 5 working days of the competition closing. The winner must claim their prize within 5 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- WHSmith will not be held responsible for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period.
- This competition is not open to employees of WHSmith or Penguin Random House.
- The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- No prize cash alternative.
- The Promoters decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Entries that do not comply with the terms and conditions or entrants found to be abusing the promotion in any way will have all their entries disqualified.
- The right is reserved to withdraw or terminate this competition at any time.
- The name and county of the winner may be obtained by writing to: WHSmith.co.uk Christmasaurus Jumper Competition, Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN3 3RX.
- The winners may be required to participate in related publicity. The Promoter is WHSmith High Street Limited (Company Number 06560339) with registered office at Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN3 3RX – please do not send entries to this address.