- List Of Ingredients
- 40g nest dried vermicelli rice noodles, broken in half
- ½ tsp gluten free yeast extract
- 1 tsp gluten free soy sauce
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp peeled and finely chopped fresh root ginger
- ¼ small courgette, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, peeled, then peeled into thin ribbons
- 25g frozen petits pois, defrosted
- 25g cooked gammon, shredded
- 25g baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- finely grated zest and juice of ½ lime
1. If you have a large Kilner jar, then that’s perfect for this recipe, but if not, use a medium heatproof bowl or a large clean jam jar instead. Put the kettle on to boil.
2. Place the noodles in the bottom of the jar or bowl, then add all the other ingredients on top, except the lime zest and juice.
3. Pour over enough boiling water to just cover the ingredients (about 300ml). Cover with the lid or clingfilm and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
4. Uncover and stir, then add the lime zest and juice. Stir again and season to taste with a little more yeast extract, soy sauce or chilli, if necessary.
5 Serve immediately, straight from the jar or bowl.
Ring the changes with your vegetables and mix and match to suit – try finely sliced sugar snap peas, mushrooms or mangetout, or sweetcorn kernels.
Add a teaspoon of curry powder or ½ teaspoon of Thai red curry paste for a different flavour