Which is what makes our next competition prize all the more deliciously exciting. We’ve got our hands on a pair of tickets to allow you and one friend to go and meet Alfie at a signing in either Gateshead, Leeds or Glasgow. Plus you’ll each get a free copy of The Pointless Book 2 to get signed by the man himself. To enter, take a picture of a page you have completed from the first Pointless Book and upload it to Twitter with the hashtag #WHSAlfie. You have until Monday 6th April to enter, and we will announce our winner and email them their prize on Tuesday 7th April.
The winner may pick which event they would like to attend from the following. Please ensure you are free to attend one of these dates and can arrange your own travel to and from the venue before entering.
Glasgow at 4pm on Wednesday 8th April
Gateshead at 11am on Thursday 9th April
Leeds at 5pm on Thursday 9th April
Please note: This competition has now closed and no further entries will be considered.
Terms and conditions:
1. No purchase necessary.
2. Participants must be a resident of the UK.
3. Participants under the age of 16 must obtain parental permission to enter.
4. To be eligible for this draw you must submit an image of a page from The Pointless Book 1 which you have completed yourself, to Twitter using the hashtag #WHSAlfie.
5. One winner will be selected to receive a pair of tickets to an Alfie Deyes book signing, plus two copies of The Pointless Book 2 on the day. Travel to and from the venue is not included.
6. The winner may choose one event from the following to attend: Glasgow 4pm Wednesday 8th April, Gateshead 11am Thursday 9th April, Leeds 5pm Thursday 9th April.
7. A maximum of three unique entries per participant will be judged.
8. Entries between 31/03/2015 – 06/04/2015 will be counted.
9. All qualifying entries will be considered.
10. The winners will be notified on Tuesday 7th April and will receive their email ticket on the same day.
11. The secret locations of the signings and venue details will be revealed to attendees ONLY and will be communicated via email on Tuesday 7th April. This is for the health and safety of attendees.
12. You will receive your ticket to the event via email and will receive your free book at the event.
13. A maximum of one book and one entry ticket per person. One additional copy of the book per person is permitted to be brought to the signing.
14. Only The Pointless Book 2 will be signed. No other merchandisse will be signed.
15. Strictly no posed photos with Alfie will be permitted.
16. Anyone under the age of 14 years must be accompanied by an adult to the event. Any accompanying adults will not require a ticket. Due to time and space limitations only one child can be accompanied by one parent.
17. Please note the event may be filmed, as an attendee you consent to footage of you being used for promotional purposes.
18. Tickets cannot be resold or transferred.
19. Management have the right to refuse entry or remove anyone who does not comply with rules or who fails to follow reasonable instructions on the day.
20. WHSmith will not be held responsible for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period.
21. The draw is not open to employees of WHSmith.
22. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
23. No prize cash alternative.
24. The Promoters decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
25. The right is reserved to withdraw or terminate this prize draw at any time.
26. Entries that do not comply with the terms and conditions or entrants found to be abusing the promotion in any way will have all their entries disqualified.
27. The winners may be required to participate in related publicity.
28. The name and county of the winner may be obtained by writing to: WHSmith.co.uk Alfie Deyes Book 2 Competition, Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN3 3RX.
29. The Promoter is WHSmith High Street Limited (Company Number 06560339) with registered office at Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN3 3RX – please do not send entries to this address.