To celebrate the introduction of Western Union digital kiosks into WHSmith stores, we’ve teamed up to host an exciting scratch card competition. Pop by one of our Western Union digital kiosks* and you’ll receive a scratch card with potential winnings of up to £20 to transfer to a friend. Speak with one of our Western Union ambassadors in store today to find out more.
*only available at selected stores on specified dates
- Saturday 27th February 2016 12.00 – 16.00 – WHSmith Elephant & Castle
- Saturday 5th March 2016 12.00 – 16.00 – WHSmith Wellington
Terms and Conditions:
1. Entry to this Promotion is open to residents and non-residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over. Employees of anyone involved with creating this promotion and employees or direct family members of Western Union, WHSmith and the Promoter are excluded from entry. No purchase necessary.
2. This Promotion is restricted to one scratch card/entry per person only.
3. The Promotion is a chance to win up to the value of £20 transaction to a recipient of your choice.
4. The Promotion will be carried out on the following days and locations:
a. WHSmith Elephant & Castle – Saturday 27th February 2016 – 1200 – 1600
b. WHSmith Wellingborough– Saturday 5th March 2016 – 1200 – 1600
5. To participate in the Promotion, follow these steps:
a. Receive scratch card from Western Union Ambassador in store
b. Take your winning scratch card to the Western Union Ambassador in store to claim your prize
c. The Western Union Ambassador will then process the transaction to a recipient of your choice – their full personal details to be provided to complete the transaction as prompted by the Western Union Kiosk.
d. Provide your personal details include full name, mobile number and signature on the prize acceptance form.
e. Once transaction effected, complete mini questionnaire on Western Union services
f. Participants will only be allowed one chance to participate.
6. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties. Incomplete entries will be disqualified and will not be counted.
7. The Western Union Ambassador in store will use the scratch card to process the transaction on the day of the activity in the store the scratch card is won.
8. The winner will be identified on the day with their winning card. The Promoter reserves the right to not accept defaced, damaged or altered scratch cards
9. The scratch card is not exchangeable for cash. There is no cash alternative to the prize(s) (or any part of them) and unless agreed otherwise in writing the prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
10. The winner must accept and claim prize on day of activity in store, it will not be carried over to another day or WHSmith store.
11. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from:
a) any postponement or cancellation of any competition to which these terms and conditions relate;
b) any change to, supply of, or use of the prize;
c) any act or default of any third party supplier, which is beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
12. The Promoter will use each winner’s, and each entrant’s, personal details for the purpose of administering this competition only.
13. The Promoter will not otherwise store, retrieve, access, process transmit and use the information that you have provided in connection with your participation in the Promotion.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
15. This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion.
This promotion is run by Western Union Financial Services Inc., 100 Summit Avenue, Montvale, New Jersey, and USA. In addition to the transfer fee Western Union also makes money when it changes your money into foreign currency.