If you’ve paid a visit to a WHSmith store recently, you may have spotted one of our WHSmith Trust charity collection tins near the tills. A large portion of the charity’s funding comes from generous donations from WHSmith customers, and we could not be more grateful to the kind people who decide to contribute to our collection tins. And so for 2016, we’d like to make our tins more eye-catching and exciting, with a label that shows all the great work your donations help support.
And this is where we’d like your help…
We’d like children across the UK to help design a brand new collection tin for the WHSmith Trust. Use paint, pencils, glitter, stickers, crayons – whatever you want! – to create a look that shows how donations can help get kids reading, promote literacy and support schools and charities. You can use words and/or pictures for your design, as long as you include the current WHSmith Trust logo in there somewhere, and make it as colourful and exciting as you like!
The winner will receive a bundle of books of their choice worth £100, and a selection of books worth £1000 for their school. Plus, their winning design will be turned into a brand new label for our collection tins, to be displayed in WHSmith stores across the UK!
To enter simply create your design on an A4 sheet of paper and send it to us by post or email before Monday 7th March 2016. We can’t wait to see all your wonderful designs. Good luck!
To enter by post send your entry to:
To enter by email send your entry to:
Please note this competition has now closed and no further entries will be considered.
Terms and conditions:
1. No purchase necessary.
2. Participants must be a resident of the UK.
3. Competition is open to participants aged 16 and under.
4. Participants must obtain parental permission to enter.
5. To be eligible for this competition you must submit your own design for a new WHSmith Trust charity tin label.
6. Entries submitted via post or email before Monday 7th March 2016 will be counted.
7. One winner will be selected to win a bundle of books of their choice worth £100, and a bundle of books for their school worth £1000. The winning design will also appear on WHSmith Trust charity tins around the UK.
8. All qualifying entries will be considered.
9. WHSmith will not be held responsible for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period.
10. The competition is not open to employees of WHSmith.
11. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
12. No prize cash alternative.
13. The Promoters decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The right is reserved to withdraw or terminate this prize draw at any time.
15. Entries that do not comply with the terms and conditions or entrants found to be abusing the promotion in any way will have all their entries disqualified.
16. The winners may be required to participate in related publicity.
17. By entering this competition you are agreeing that your artwork can be used in relevant blog posts. All artwork will be credited to the owner.
18. The name and county of the winner may be obtained by writing to: WHSmith.co.uk Sketch Off Competition, Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN3 3RX.
19. The Promoter is WHSmith High Street Limited (Company Number 06560339) with registered office at Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN3 3RX – please do not send entries to this address.