- List Of Ingredients
- 250g boneless chicken thighs, sliced into 1cm-thick strips
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground lemongrass
- pinch of sea salt flakes
- pinch of ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon Shaohsing rice
- wine or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium light soy sauce
- juice of 1/2 lime
- For the sauce
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 medium red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1/2 teaspoon shrimp paste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chilli paste or sriracha chilli sauce
- 3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- 50ml hot water
- 150ml reduced fat coconut milk
- For the garnish
- a handful of beansprouts
- 1 spring onion, sliced on the diagonal
- fresh coriander leaves
- lime wedges
- Serves 2
Place the chicken in a bowl and season with the turmeric, ground coriander, lemongrass, salt and pepper, then add the cornflour and toss to coat.
Place all the ingredients for the sauce except the hot water and coconut milk in a small food processor and blend to a fine paste. Turn out and loosen with the hot water and stir well to mix, then add the coconut milk and stir again.
Heat a wok over a high heat until smoking and add the rapeseed oil. Add the chicken pieces and leave to settle in the wok for 2 minutes until seared and browned, then flip over. As the chicken starts to brown, add the Shaohsing rice wine or dry sherry and stir-fry for 2–3 minutes until cooked through.
Pour in the sauce and stir together for 30 seconds to release the aroma, then bring to the boil. Season with the light soy sauce and lime juice to taste.
Transfer to a serving plate, top with the beansprouts, spring onion, coriander leaves and lime wedges.